Mood: Valentine's Day
I am sold on Valentine's Day in the sense of pretty things. I am not sold on Valentine's Day in the way that puts a whole bunch of pressure on dates, relationships, or lack thereof.
Since college, I have pretty much celebrated Valentine's Day as a normal day but with a tiny bit more confetti or flowers or pink shirts. Zach and I don't do anything out of the ordinary usually - But everyday is Valentine's Day, amiright? :)
Because a little mood board is a simple gathering, here are a few ideas that I adore when I think about Feb 14th:
- wear something a little feminine, perhaps in the blush family
- get flowers for yourself, your friends, or for your babe (last year Zach stopped into Eden to get me a bouquet from a pop up hosted by Plum Events/Wildflower DSM). Wrap them in newspaper or craft paper + ribbon!
- write your friends or your family or your SO a little love letter. What makes it fun for me is a little heart card from Pink Print Co.
- if you're like my parents, decorate your house with balloons in the morning and don't hold back on the heart shaped chocolate boxes (local at Beaverdale Confections)
- enjoy your sleepy winter morning with a bit of black coffee at your local cafe - my choice would be Horizon Line
- have a little dinner or weekend brunch with your best gal pals. Spend time making some things with your hands!
All the love, from Pleasant St.